Last updated: July 19th, 2022.
The terms “We” / “Us” / “Our” individually and collectively refer to each entity being part of the definition of FTx Identity and the terms “You” /”Your” / “Yourself” refer to the users.
Personal information subject to this Privacy Notice will be collected and retained by FTx Identity with a registered office at New York, USA
Personal Information We Collect & Other Information
- When you use the Platform, we collect and store your Personal Information, which is provided by you from time to time. Our primary goal in doing so is to provide you a safe, efficient, smooth and customized experience. This allows us to provide services and features that most likely meet your needs, and to customize our Platform to make your experience safer, easier and personalized. More importantly, while doing so we collect Personal Information from you that we consider necessary for achieving this purpose.
we collect below details in order to verify your age and identity (“Verification Process”)
a. First & last name
b. Mobile number(*)
c. Delivery/postal address including city, state, zip/postal code
d. Date of birth
e. E-mail address (*)
- FTx Identity Platform enables you to verifies Age and validates Identity simultaneously using a combination of your government-issued photo ID (Driver’s License, preferred), a “Live” Selfie, and public records. At the time of signing up and registration with the Platform, you may use mobile number/email id with a complex password, as a profile identifier within the FTx Identity solution to securely manage & use your profile. FTx Identity Platform take less than a minute to take a picture of the front and back of your government-issued photo ID and take a 3-4 second “Live” Selfie of themselves. Our liveness detection feature blocks masks, avatars, and any other sophisticated spoofing attempts like deep fakes. Our AI engine also verifies that the picture in the ID document matches the selfie picture submitted by the user. Our AI-based OCR system extracts data from the image of the government-issued ID, asks the you to confirm the correctness of the data, and also asks to enter your mobile number or email id (whichever is not entered by the you in the 1st step). The system will now query the public records to match the mobile number provided by you. The next step depends on whether the mobile number provided matches the results provided by querying the information from public records. Suppose the mobile number is found in the public records, then the system sends OTP (a six-digit random code) to that mobile number, and you must enter OTP to get verified and successfully registered to the FTx Identity Platform. If no matching mobile number is found from the public records, a you will be prompted to choose which address you live or have previously lived at with three options. One of the options will be the correct address found from the public record search, and the others will be auto generated by the system. If the you selects the correct choice, you will be marked as verified and registered in FTx Identity Platform.
- While you can browse some sections of the Platform without revealing who you are or providing any Personal Information. When you visit the Platform we do collect usage information, but it is anonymous and is not linked to you as an individual. We use this data to better understand things like how the Platform is navigated, how many visitors arrive at specific pages, user behavior pattern, the length and frequency of stays at our website, the variety of searches of our website’s database, the types of browsers and computer operating systems used by our visitors and the internet protocol addresses from which our visitors connect to the Platform. The said information is regularly collected by internet server software on most websites. FTx Identity uses this information to improve our Platform content and ease of use, for instance, providing improved experience and value added services to you.
- Once a user registers, the user is no longer anonymous to us and thus all the information provided by you shall be stored and saved in order to provide you with personalization and the requested services, as may be required for compliance with statutory requirements. User’s registration with us and providing information is intended for facilitating the users for the delivery of services.
- If you send us personal correspondence, such as emails or letters, or if other users or third parties send us correspondence about your activities or postings on the Platform, we may collect such information into a file specific to you
- FTx Identity has on boarded certain third-party business partners on the Platform. If you use the services of business partners, you will be redirected to partners websites/applications and your entry to partners websites/applications will be based on your FTx Identity login credentials after seeking your permissions to share the data further. FTx Identity shall not be responsible for the partner’s privacy practices or the content of their privacy policies, and we request you to read their privacy policies prior to disclosing any information
- We will never sell your Personal Information to any third party.
Use of Demographic / Profile Data / Your Information
- We use your Personal Information received through the Verification Process is used for the Verification Process, to communicate with you, and to customize your experience of our services.
- We use your Personal Information to provide the product and services you request. To the extent we use your Personal Information to help personalize the information that fits your profile, If you do not wish us to retain your personally identifiable Information then you may opt-out of such uses. We use your Personal Information to assist with better user experience; resolve disputes; troubleshoot problems; help promote a safe service; measure user interest in our products and services; inform you about online and offline offers, products, services, and updates; customize and enhance your experience; detect and protect us against error, fraud and other criminal activity; enforce our terms and conditions; and as otherwise described to you at the time of collection of information.
- In our efforts to continually improve our product and service offerings, we and our affiliates collect and analyse demographic and profile data about our users’ activity on our Platform. We identify and use your geo-location, IP address to help diagnose problems with our server, and to administer our Platform. Your IP address is also used to help identify you and together broad demographic information.
- We use your Personal Information to send periodic emails products and services that might interest you and improve your overall experience with the platform and follow up with users after correspondence (live chat, email or phone inquiries).
Your rights as a user
In accordance to the applicable law you have the right to:
- Access personal data regarding you. You can always access your account to review and amend the personal data we have collected about you. You may amend the data collected.
Basis For Processing Personal Information
- Consent: We will always collect your Personal Information by fair and lawful means (for example, when you register with us). We may collect Personal Information from you directly and/or from third parties, where we have obtained your consent to do so or as otherwise required or permitted by law.
- Contract: Where we need to perform a contract that we are about to enter into or have entered into with you, i.e. when we perform services for you.
- Legitimate interests: Where it is necessary for our legitimate interest or those of a third party and your interest and fundamental rights do not override those interest. Our legitimate interest in performing market research, marketing and appropriate controls to ensure our Platform, processes and procedure are running effectively, for the prevention and detention of against fraud and for Information Technology (IT) security purpose. We make sure our activity is appropriately balanced by strong privacy protections designed to minimize the risks on you in respect of specific activities.
We retain user provided Information for as long as the Information is required for the purpose of providing services to you or where the same is required for any purpose for which the Information can be lawfully processed or retained as required under any statutory enactments or applicable laws.
Sharing Of Personal Information
- We may share Personal Information with our other corporate entities and affiliates for purposes of providing products and services offered by them. These entities and affiliates may share such information with their affiliates, business partners and other third parties identity verification for the purpose of providing you services, and may market to you as a result of such sharing unless you explicitly opt-out.
- We implement industry standard security measures to keep your Personal Information secure and confidential.
- We maintain reasonable physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect your information. Whenever you access your account information, we offer the use of a secure server. Once your information is in our possession we adhere to our security guidelines to protect it against unauthorized access. However, by using the Platform, the users accept the inherent security implications of data transmission over the internet and the World Wide Web which cannot always be guaranteed as completely secure, and therefore, there would always remain certain inherent risks such as unauthorized entry/use, hardware or software failure, and other factors, may compromise the security of the Personal Information while using the Platform. Users are responsible for ensuring the protection of login and password records for their account.
- FTx Identity or a third-party advertiser we link to, may place a ‘cookie’ on your personal computer when you visit the website or visit a website on which we advertise.
- These devices are small computer files that our computer sends to your computer and that your computer sends back to us each time you make a request from our Platform.
- These devices are used to collect data to help us personalize and improve your experiences on Platform. The data on your use of a website may be linked to the Personal Information you have chosen to share with us when you register. The information collected with these devices may be used in order to adequately establish the price of our offers.
- Most Internet browsers automatically accept cookies. However, you can instruct your browser, by editing its options, to stop accepting cookies or prompt you before accepting a cookie from the Platform you visit.
- If you decide not to accept our cookies, your ability to use some features on some Platform may be impaired.
Retention of Personal Information
- We retain your Personal Information in accordance with applicable laws, for a longer period where we need the information for our legitimate purposes for e.g. to help us respond to queries or complaints, fighting fraud and future abuse, responding to requests from regulators, etc. We may continue to retain your data in anonymised form for analytical and research purposes. If we don’t need to retain Personal Information for this period of time, we may destroy, delete or anonymise it more promptly.
Links To Other Websites
- We provide all users with the opportunity to opt-out of receiving non-essential (promotional, marketing-related) communications by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link located on the bottom of our e-mails, updating your communication preferences, or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org, Attention: Privacy. Customers cannot opt-out of receiving transactional email related to their account with us or the Subscription Service.
- Please note that in some cases we may retain certain information about you as required by law, or for legitimate business purposes to the extent permitted by law. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Third Party Advertisers
- We do not share any Personal Information about you with these advertisers unless you give us specific permission to do so, separate from any permission you provide during a registration process.
- Children under age of 13 are not allowed to use Platform. You may only use Platform if you are over the age at which you can provide consent to Personal Information processing under the laws of your country.
- We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 16. If we identify that the date of birth entered during the Verification Process is under the age of 16, we do not store a record of the user in our system. If you are a parent or guardian become aware that his or her child has provided with Personal information in violation of our policies and has provided us with information they should contact us at email@example.com, we will take steps to remove that information from our records, subject to any retention reasonably necessary to comply with our legal obligations, meet regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse or enforce the Agreement.
Your California Privacy Rights
- The right to know what information the business collects, discloses, and rights afforded under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”).
- The right to access what Personal Information has been collected about you by making a request:
- the categories of Personal Information collected about you in the preceding 12 months;
- the categories of third parties with whom we share Personal Information; and
- Specific pieces of Personal Information collected about you.
- The right to opt out of the sale of your Personal Information to a third party at any time.
- The right to request deletion of Personal Information that has been collected about you, subject to certain exceptions
- The right to request that your Personal Information be transferred to a third party.
- The right to non-discrimination against you for exercising any of the rights listed above.
- We do not currently share the Personal Information of California residents with third parties for their own direct marketing purposes. However, if you have further questions about our privacy practices and compliance with California law, please contact us as explained below.
146 Rock Hill Drive
Rock Hill, New York