The issue of age verification has posed a significant problem in the offline and e-commerce space, especially among retailers around the globe. This problem is magnified to a certain degree. The wave of advancement in digital technology has enabled hassle-free availability of online services that everyone can access anytime and from anywhere.
A specific sampling of industries like online gambling, alcohol delivery, online dating apps, liquor stores, vape, cigarette shops, etc., rely on the age verification feature to comply with the regulations and maintain their brand integrity in the market and among customers. It has led to the demand for technologically advanced identity verification services, which have become an industry norm for businesses selling age-restricted products and services.
Age verification solutions help companies and businesses reduce losses resulting from online fraud and identity theft. KYC (know your customer) services like age verification ascertain age brackets in which particular users fall. Age verification software are gaining popularity due to the surge of online retailers selling age-restricted goods. These identity verification solutions also ensure safety for businesses and prevent them from being penalized or having their license revoked—and FTx Identity does just that!
Role of FTx Identity
Retailers can deal with age verification woes by entrusting us with the task of age verification. We aim to protect a customer’s identity and reduce business risks by offering seamless age verification and identity management with a unified login authentication and authorization system. We have integrated AVT (age verification technology) with our desktop, mobile, and web apps to eliminate the risk of fraud, online thefts, and selling age-restricted products to underage customers.
Our age verification software is easy to operate and use, saves much time and effort, and increases reliability by automating the whole customer identity verification process. It helps retailers stay compliant with regulatory requirements.
Core Features of the FTx Identity App
- Self-Registration with the Online ID Scan: Customers need to first register themselves on the FTx Identity platform by taking a selfie and uploading a snap of a government-issued ID either on the website or through the mobile app.
- AI-Based, Multi-Stage Verification: Our AI-based, multi-stage verification procedure guarantees accurate document verification and has a rapid response time, and can detect fake IDs against the database. Photo forensics prevents users from defrauding our Digital ID scanner and checks active security features (like watermark, laser engravings, etc.) of government-issued documents. ID documents’ front and rear parts get verified for passing genuine documents in our verification system. Our AI engine confirms that the picture in the ID document matches the selfie provided by the user.
- Cloud-Based Encrypted Vault: We store all of the customers’ information in a cloud-based secured digital vault. The data gets stored in the encrypted form, which gives only the end-user access to their personal profile.
- Verify Age with or without Personal: A customer’s age can be verified online or offline without a business knowing about their personal information. The customer’s age verification gets done by capturing the face of the customer on camera. Another option is for customers to generate a single-use or short-lived QR code containing their birth date and ID expiration date, which can be scanned and extracted by an integrated app that can be accessed online or offline.
- Get Registered via Mobile App or Website: A customer’s age can be verified online or offline without a business knowing about their personal information. The customer’s age verification gets done by capturing the face of the customer on camera. Another option is for customers to generate a single-use or short-lived QR code containing their birth date and ID expiration date, which can be scanned and extracted by an integrated app that can be accessed online or offline.